I have installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro Version a few weeks back on my desktop computer running 64 bit version of the OS. The OS was running perfectly fine until today when it started showing activation error. This is not right since I had installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 with a legit key since I have an MSDN subscription
As you can see in below pic. It says that you can activate the Windows Machine now
Now I went ahead and tried to activate the windows by the key which I had intially activated and also with a new fresh different key which I haven't any activated windows machine yet. Both the steps didn't yield any fruitful results
Please find below snapshot that show how weird my machine behaves.
1) When I hit "Activate" button
2) When I click "Error Details"
3) When I click "See Support info online" - Nothing happens
I have tried below troubleshooting steps but nothing happened yet
- Run sfc/scannow command. This failed at 42%
- Tried to scan registry and fix the registry by using Advanced System Care 7.2 Pro Edition
- Refresh the PC. PC was unable to refresh. I had inserted my OS USB Drive
- Tried System Restore to yesterday state. System Restore too failed
- Uninstalled Windows Updates that were installed yesterday.
Please suggest how should I move forward with this. I would want to avoid/make it as a last option a fresh install in PC.
UPDATE-1: Getting below error when tried slmgr.vbs -ato
UPDATE-2: Error after running DISM Command