I have a 27" Cinema Display that I also want to use as a TV replacement for some time.

The Cinema Display has a male Mini Display Portcable that easily connects it to a MacBook. There is no other input mechanism. The Chromecast also has a male HDMI connector to plug it into common SmartTvs.

Is there an adapter anywhere that connects those two cables?


Converting the signal from hdmi to mdp is not as easy as vice versa, you will need an adapter like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003LGOWNQ?pc_redir=1399296085&robot_redir=1

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.