Windows 7 client machine cannot see the Server 2012 R2 machine.
- Network Discovery and File & Print Sharing are both on for the server.
- Both can ping each other.
- Client needs to access a licence file on the server.
- Both machines are part of the same Workgroup.
EDIT (Comment from deleted answer):
- I can browse the shares okay and then the server appears in the Network tree in File Explorer but when we browse away from the share, the server disappears again.
- They are on the same subnet.
- The Windows 7 client can RDP to the server okay.
- Both firewalls are configured as per default Windows settings.