My Chrome Omnibox toggles the search on both TAB and Space key. This is really annoying. Is there any way I can tell Chrome to search only on TAB?
I can recommend a workaround that saved my nerves a lot.
My problem was that when I tried to search something starting "php" keyword Chrome always activated php.net search engine after I pushed space. The solution is just to go Settings -> Manage Search Engines and find out your engine among Other Search Engines. Change the keyword adding 1-2 letters (in my case "php" -> "phps") and here you go, it won't bother you anymore other then you really call for it.
The only thing I can think of is just resetting chrome.
I know this might not be a valid answer but chrome (currently) has no way to change keyboard shortcuts without a plugin
Even this might not allow you to change the spacebar issue.
If you want to reset chrome:
- click the three horizontal stacked bars to the right of the URL Box (Should open a drop down menu)
- Locate and click setting in the menu (Should open a new tab)
- Scroll to the bottom of the newly opened page and click "Show advanced settings..."
- Once again scroll all the way to the bottom of the page
- Finally, at the bottom of the page there should be a button labeled "Reset Settings"
This button should in fact fix your problem. It restores chrome to as if chrome was just installed.
If the problem still persists, I would suggest a clean reinstall of chrome.