Here's a work around which will allow you to avoid having to kill the clients and servers in order to make your computers useful again...
On the Server, click on the Configure Server button, and in the wizard that pops up:
- Screens and Links tab: arrange your screens so that you can't move from one to the other using the mouse
- add horizontal or vertical spaces
- arrange screens diagonally
- Hotkeys tab: set up Hotkeys to jump directly to each screen:
NOTE: don't forget to create a hotkey sequence to jump back to the server!
- create new hotkey
- select newly created hotkey
- create new 'switchToScreen(screenName)' action
I would have posted photos, but need 10 reputation points and this is my first 'answer'/post so I currently have 1... the one you get for signing up, that is ;)... Anyway, I will edit this post when I am able to and add the photos...
Also, my Synergy installation started acting up right after I enabled 'dead corners' - did you make any similar changes in the Advanced Server Settings tab?
Good luck - and please post a solution here if you find out how to fix this before I do ;)
EDIT: have contacted Synergy and sent in log files... awaiting reply...