I am using an Acer S7-191 with Windows 8.1, I had the system reinstalled with the same Windows version after an windows update crashed the system.
The problem is I cannot plug headphone to playback. In playback devices, there are only Speaker and Digital Audio HDMI even after I chose to display all disconnected and disabled device.
Here are what I have tried:
- Install all recommended driver on Acer's website
- Install and reinstall Realtek's software and driver
- Update driver in device manager
- Disable front panel jack detection in Realtek software provided by Acer (after that no "2nd Output" tab appeared)
- Check if there is any device unrecognized or with warning mark, none found
- Change a headphone to try the connector
- Use Realtek official universal software instead of Acer's
The jack is a input/output hybrid one, standard 3.5mm, so are the headphones I tried (one is a phone/mic mix one, another is a playback only one).
I am running out of solutions, anything else I can try?
Don't want to get to Acer maintenance, they can only let me ship my unit back to Texas!
I guess I have tried everything I could software-wise. At last I decided to sent the unit back in for repair, came out fine with a hardware repair.
Thanks YatharthROCK for the input.