I've installed Wamp Server 2.2, which includes php 5.3.13, Apache 2.2.22 and MySQL 5.5.24. Then I installed php 5.2.4 using the WampServer2-PHP524.exe extension found here on SourceForge.
When I switch to php 5.2.4 I get an error in phpMyAdmin telling me "#2005 - Unknown MySQL server host 'localhost:3307' (11001)" (I have XAMPP installed also at this point, so MySQL is set up on port 3307 for the WAMP install.)
I've tried a few different things based on various responses to similar problems:
Based on this answer, I copied php.ini from the php 5.2.4 directory into the Apache bin directory.
I tried changing the php.ini setting for
mysql.default_port from blank to my port 3307
My phpMyAdmin config file has these settings:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost:3307'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost:3307'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3307'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = _private_; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;
I've double checked
my.ini to make sure my port settings are correct. It all works with php 5.3.13, so I really don't think it's anything to do with an errant port setting, though.
I tried changing the phpMyAdmin alias file to this, per a response to another question that I can't find now:
<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride all Order Deny,Allow Allow from all </Directory>
I've also verified that that directory is the correct directory for phpMyAdmin.
I've compared the php.ini file between 5.2.4 and 5.3.13 and I don't really see any differences between the two as far as how MySQL is set up.
Does php 5.2.4 require a different version or Apache and/or MySQL?
I'm trying to get this working so that I can ensure my WordPress plugins are compatible with WordPress's minimum requirements.
Oh, and, I doubt it needs to be said, but I did restart all services between each change.
This is the MySQL log.
140621 9:52:18 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled. 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda. 140621 9:52:18 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start 140621 9:52:19 InnoDB: 1.1.8 started; log sequence number 1595675 140621 9:52:19 [Note] Server hostname (bind-address): '(null)'; port: 3307 140621 9:52:19 [Note] - '(null)' resolves to '::'; 140621 9:52:19 [Note] - '(null)' resolves to '0.0.0.0'; 140621 9:52:19 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '0.0.0.0'. 140621 9:52:19 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events 140621 9:52:19 [Note] wampmysqld: ready for connections. Version: '5.5.24-log' socket: '' port: 3307 MySQL Community Server (GPL)