On some occasions of computer usage, my mouse acts very strangely. Whenever my computer is under intense network usage (i.e. watching an online video, downloading an application, patching a video game), my mouse cursor slows down, and sometimes gets to the point of being completely unresponsive.
No matter how high I place the cursor speed, my cursor refuses to act normally. It travels very slow, sometimes not moving at all, and sometimes moving in short bursts. My left and right click functions might not function and as does my scroll wheel. However, my keyboard works perfectly and is just as responsive as it was before.
Whenever these intense network using instances are closed, the mouse nearly instantly returns to a normal, functioning state.
Incase some hardware & software are needed, I can supply a few:
- i7-4770k @ 4.5GHz OC from 3.5Ghz
- 32.0GB (4x8GB) RAM @ 1.6GHz OC from 1.3GHz DDR3
- daskeyboard Model S Wired Mechanical Keyboard w/ MX Brown Switch
- Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Wireless Mouse @ 6400 DPI
- Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Some Applications that induce this behaviour
- Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer streaming internet video from YouTube
- Steam when patching various games