When I open files (simple files without excessive formatting) they are very slow to open. When the new file is being opened, Excel says "Linking: Mobil.XLS" or "linking: EREC summary" amongst a few others. It may take up to 3 to 4 mins for the file to open.
I fail to understand how in any way that these files are linked to my file. Is there a way to get rid of the links? Office 2010 is way faster in opening the same file.
- These are files copied from a network server to a local PC and then opened.
- They are not password protected.
- They do not have excessive formatting or formulas (simple text).
- I'm using Windows 7, with recently upgraded Office 2013
- The hardware acceleration is removed - so no more lag coming from animation stuff.
I couldn't observe similar issues before the upgrade from 2010 to 2013.