I have an HP Pavilion G6 Laptop that came with 4 GB RAM (Samsung). I recently upgraded it with another 2GB of G.Skill RAM 1333MHz with CL 9-9-9, so the memory was 6 GB in total.
A few days back, the previous RAM that came with the laptop stopped working and I had to remove it because the laptop was not starting without it and was making beep sounds at the beginning. Now my laptop is running on the 2GB G.Skill RAM but I need more.
I have selected a Corsair Vengence 1600MHz 4GB RAM with CL 9-9-9 for upgrade but the already installed RAM is 1333MHz. My questions are the following:
- Are these 2 RAMs compatible in a way that I get the best performance out of both of them?
- Does it violate any type of warranty by manufacturer that I am using another company's RAM in the next slot?
- Is it okay to install RAMs of different frequencies and different brands?
- Do they effect each other or the performance in any way?
- Which is the effective way of putting them in the slots? Should the bigger RAM be in slot 1 or slot 2?
- Can I also select a RAM of different CL but same frequency?
- Can I also install GDDR3 RAM in my laptop?
- Can I upgrade RAM to more than 8GB, if my laptop does not support it?
- Did my pre-installed RAM stopped functioning because of the newly installed GSkill RAM of different frequency or CL?
Current (Installed) RAM - GSkill http://goo.gl/teXRYJ
Upgrading to Corsair - http://goo.gl/OwYKcG
PC Config : i5 2nd Gen | 1 TB HDD | 1GB Radeon 7940 | Came with 4Gb RAM, Currently running on 2GB.
Please note that I will install both these RAMs in my laptop.