What I have
- Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT replacing the original firmware
- Linksys is connected to the internet on the WAN port, standard stuff
- 2 windows (7 and 8) desktop computers connected via the LAN ports (2/4 ports consumed)
What doesn't work
- Any server application, running on a computer that is on a LAN port, isn't able to be connected to from inside my home network (eg: one computer is not able to ping or ssh to another if it is on a LAN port).
- Update: doesn't seem to matter if this the client/server is wireless or LAN.
- internet on all machines, wireless and LAN connected
- ARP. I am able to type
arp -aafter running
ping ip-to-LAN-connect-computerand I see the MAC address added to my arp cache.
- I can ping my router via
ping 192.168.1.1and that works from both PC's.
Troubleshooting so far
- windows firewall is off. AV firewalls are off.
- Being able to ping/connect worked before when I had this router and these computers at another place about 5 months ago.
- For DD-WRT settings... I did a setting reset. Then I set... SPI firewall: off
Here is my routing table:
Destination LAN NET, Subnet Mask Gateway, Interface 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 LAN & WLAN x.x.x.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 WAN x.x.0.0 255.255.0.0 0.0.0.0 LAN & WLAN 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x WAN
notes: omitted with real IP's with x.x.x.x for security