I am sure at some point this tablet-like laptop was doing the thing I've briefly described in the title. That is, within the first couple of months that I've started using this thing.
I am using a Samsung Ativ 7 notebook (XE700T1C) on Windows 8.1. I was probably still using Windows 8 when my computer behaved like that. Let me describe it a little further:
Closing the lid was putting my computer on a sleep-like state, sleep-like because it was slightly different than what happens when I press/pressed the power button which puts my computer into a state that I really know as sleep. Here are the two and only differences I've noticed, that I'm missing:
- Opening the lid back on during that state used to wake my computer up. For example,
- If I were to press the power button and then close the lid, opening the lid wouldn't wake the computer up.
- If I were to just directly close the lid, opening the lid would wake the computer up.
- Getting up from that state didn't require me to draw my password, swiping the lock-screen up was enough.
- Same side-notes apply to this one as well.
So it was like a mixture of sleep state and the display turned off state. Like the sleep state, the power light was off, the music would stop and computer seemingly put to sleep. Like the display turned off state, it would require only the lock-screen to be swiped up to get back on the track. And there's also the waking up as the lid gets opened functionality.
Are there settings to change, registry keys to edit to achieve this? Or was it just a magical state that won't ever come back?