A few weeks ago I started experiencing typing lag which is 'somewhat' intermittent. It happens in all programs including browsers & Microsoft Word (though not as often). I also have experienced problems with the mouse selecting text. When trying to select text is lags, sometimes selects more or less than I want, and wont unselect when I click somewhere else for at least two seconds. I don't remember installing or updating anything specifically before the problems started to appear.
Windows 7 Professional SP1 on Dell studio XPS
- Turning off all extra services
- Using a USB (wired) keyboard
- Using two different types of wireless mice.
- Disabling the touch pad.
- Full virus scan (Norton)
- Disabled virus scanner
- Ran memory check using MemTest86 - no errors
- Windows is up to date (at least as of a few minutes ago :-)
- Drivers are up to date
Short of wiping the hard drive clean and reloading, is there anything else I should try?