How one can assign a custom key (e.g. Scroll Lock) for switching keyboard input languages in Windows 7? (Apart from Ctrl-Shift or Alt-Shift). Preferably not using third party programs. Maybe by changing some settings in registry?

  • Windows only allows certain key sequences and whether you tweak the registry directly or not, it doesn't matter. You'll have to resort to third-party programs to achieve what you want. – and31415 Aug 11 '14 at 15:33

I'm fairly sure that you won't find a way to do this natively within windows, but Autohotkey and Autoit both make it very easy: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

In Autohotkey this should work: ScrollLock::Send {alt down}{lshift}{alt up}

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.