I am trying to install Flash player 14 ActiveX plug-in for Windows 7 in Windows 8.1.
You might say Windows 8. 1 already has it but I have a program which specifically needs the ActiveX plug-in for Windows 7 from the Adobe website.
It was fine until some days ago I could install Flash Player very correctly but now I get this error when installing flash player "FAILED TO REGISTER" every time and it's driving me nuts. I need to install Flash Player so my program can use it.
I'm installing this
And I also tried this solution on the Microsoft website using
reset_fp11 but it doesn't seem to work,
- Uninstall (clean) any of your adobe flash player files. See the instruction and file to download: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
- Reboot your computer.
- You must have administrator privileges to successfully complete these instructions.
Warning! The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage which may require reinstallation of the operating system.
- Follow the instructions to download the SubInACL tool from the Microsoft Download Center. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en
- Download SubInACL in a folder of your choice.
- Download the reset_fp10.zip file. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html
- Important: Be sure that both the subinacl.msi and reset_fp10.cmd files are in the same location (folder).
- Double-click reset_fp10.cmd.
- This will open a command window and execute the SubInACL tool.
- Do not use the machine while SubInACL is running.
- When it is finished you will see "Press any key to continue".
- Install the Flash Player from www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer.
Does anyone have any other solutions to this?