Today I updated to Chrome 37 stable (64-bit, but 32-bit has the same issue).
I am using 125% DPI mode in Windows 8.1, because I need larger fonts everywhere, since my eyes are not so good :)
The problem is that, after updating, the size of Chrome's interface has notably increased and both the interface and the fonts started to look blurry and horrible.
I tried the following things and none of them worked:
- Disabling DirectWrite in
chrome://flags. Weirdly, not just that this does not work, but the font kerning (distance between letters) gets uneven.
- Enabling distance field text.
- Enabling the compatiblity option Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- Enabling the high DPI mode on Chrome by following this article.
- In the control panel, clicking on Make text and other items larger or smaller and toggling the option Let me choose one level for all my displays.
- Changing Chrome settings default page zoom and default font size.
Is there a solution to this problem which doesn't involve changing my Windows DPI to 100% or going back to Chrome 36?