I recently moved my old Thunderbird mail profile to a new Windows 8 Installed PC.
I have a Global Inbox where all my new mail gets saved. I have about 10 email accounts, and all work perfectly, all of these 10 also were present on the old computer with Windows 8 installed.
I've added a new email account, and when receiving mail via POP using the new email account, I receive the following error:
Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox.
I've tried the following without any luck:
- I tried to remove the Inbox.msf file,
- Tried running thunderbird AS ADMINISTRATOIR
- Recreated Email Account
- Resetup Profile
- Removed all Read Only properties to all files.
- Changed ownership of the files
- Made sure that the current user has Write Priveledges and nothing
When I create a separate inbox for the newly created account, the mails download
Below are the steps I performed untill the point I received the error message described above:
- I moved my whole Thunderbird profile from old pc to new pc to directory c:\My Files\Thunderbird
- Then I installed the latest version of thunderbird V 31
- Created a new Thunderbird profile using the thunderbird profile manager:
- Gave my profile a unique name and pointed it to read the old profile in c:\My Files\Thundebird\Profiles\9dybzaqy.default
- All my email address are using a Global Inbox, meaning that all mails arrive in the same inbox
- All worked well, sending and receiving emails perfectly for the email accounts I carried over from the old PC to the new PC.
- I proceeeded to add an addtional email account and set it to use it's own inbox, perfectly can send and receive mails using a dedicated inbox for this mail account.
- Now I need this mail account to utilize the Global inbox, meaning that the new mails send to the new email account arrive in the dedidcated email inbox that all other accounts use. And this produces the error message
Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox.when receiving mails from the newly created email account, although all other email addresses mails get stored just fine, except for this one, I deleted all mails in the new account and send test mails and the same error appears.