I've scoured the internet for a solution to this but I can't figure it out and no fixes seem to work.
I have a basic .html file attached to a Dreamweaver site, along with some .js, .css and image files. None of the files are particularly big (they're mainly jQuery and Bootstrap files). The problem is when I start up Dreamweaver and then open a file, it takes around 30 seconds to open the file. I'm using a Pentium Dual Core E2200, 4Gb RAM on 64-bit Windows 8.1 with dual screens. The worse part is that whenever I switch to another window (or even click something other than Dreamweaver) Dreamweaver completely freezes up. It'll stop hanging 2 minutes after trying to focus on it again but it does this every time I switch out of Dreamweaver without fail.
I've tried clearing the cache and setting
FALSE but it didn't make the slightest bit of difference.
Also this is my work PC - my Althon II X3/8Gb/Windows 8.1 setup at home has no problems.