I recently cleaned my wireless apple keyboard and now am having trouble with it responding, typing wrong characters and broadcasting un-issued commands. I used glass cleaner for cleaning. Is there any hope?

  • Did you remove the batteries before cleaning? Did you spray the cleaner directly on the keyboard, or on a rag first? Did you let it sit a bit before using?
    – Cfinley
    Sep 3, 2014 at 17:40
  • No, I didn't remove the batteries before cleaning. I used liquid glass cleaner for cleaning then rubbed it with soft cloth and I started using it after 1 hour of cleaning and got this issue. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:58

1 Answer 1


The hope is that the contacts dry out & haven't been shorted out by washed-through dirt...
I'd have used a very slightly damp microfibre cloth, far less chance of getting overspill into the electronics.

Presumably it has a battery in it - remove it, then give it a day in a warm dry place, then try again - before subjecting it to further abuse/cleaning...

  • Thanks buddy. Its working fine. I waited for two days. I placed it in front of air blowing fan for two days and it worked for me. Sep 5, 2014 at 12:48
  • Welcome, glad it worked.
    – Tetsujin
    Sep 5, 2014 at 13:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .