How to disable KMPlayer checking for updates always at start up? I'm using version 3.9
It always pops up at startup. Even it's not a direct update, it's going to Cnet downloader when I click ok.
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
In Windows open Control Panel and search for Change security settings it will open same windows as Internet Explorer Options Security tab: Select Restricted sites, click Sites and add there: *.kmpmedia.net *.pandora.tv cdn.kmplayer.com
These will disable Pandora TV, internet site on open. I think if you want to disable autoupdate feature, just add: *.kmplayer.com
Blocking the connection of KMPlayer works.
But I am not sure what IP is used to check for updates, so I blocked any IP using Windows Firewall
- Control Panel » Windows Firewall
- On left » Advanced settings
- On left » Outbound Rules
- On right - New rule
- New Outbound Rule Wizard
- Rule Type - Custom - Next
- Program - This program path： - Browser - choose file KMPlayer.exe e.g.
- Protocol and Ports - Next
- Scope - Next (You can add an IP to the list if you know what IP is used by KMPlayer to check for updates)
- Action - Block the connection - Next
- Profile - Check all - Next
- Name - Type a name -Finish
Go back to 3.3 if possible, I decided to do that after I got sick of the new ad slider and other crap that Pandora packed in with the newest KMPlayer. 3.3 even works with Windows 8 64 bit, which I was worried that it would not work. I will not be upgrading it again since it sold out to Pandora!
Source: Me, I have a laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit and personally experienced problems with 3.9 also crashing on occasion