Today I got the problem that the password on one of my PCs doesn't work anymore. I know it's the correct one but the system doesn't accept it. So I thought I'll restore a backup. Now I have to boot from a medium to restore the backup. But the PC never boots.
On the tested USB drive the screen stays black and nothing happens. With a CD he starts reading but than stops.
What I tried:
- checked the boot medium (CD is working on another PC)
- used another boot medium (Win 7 CD also doesn't boot)
- use safe mode (does work but doesn't help me here)
- reset BIOS settings (restore to default)
- checked BIOS settings (CD as first boot medium)
- directly boot from CD (F11 in BIOS)
- restarted the PC several times
- plugged out all devices except keyboard/mouse
- used another port for the CD drive
Nothing helped. The motherboard is an Asrock H61DE/S3.