I'm attempting to repair my girlfriends Laptop (Dell 501R).
It was working fine but she had a problem with overheating cutting the power, I opened it up and gave i a dusting and applied new thermal paste. However when I've attempted to turn it back on the whole laptop doesn't boot up.
It has a black screen with a few of the bottom LED's lit up. No sound coming from the fans or from the DVD drive booting up. I've tried a few fixes to no avail.
- Opening up and checking all cables are connected
- Taking battery and attempting to boot
- Taking battery out, holding for 30 seconds to release static and attempting to boot
- Taking the RAM cards out and cleaning contacts with an eraser.
Any suggestions would be great.