I have the exact opposite problem as this question, so the answer isn't applicable. For some reason, I can connect to the internet via Firefox on one of my computers, but I cannot connect to the internet via Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
The computer is connected via an internal wireless adapter, and I can connect using IE/Chrome fine on the computer with a hard line to the router. I have another wireless computer using an external D-Link wireless adapter that I did not think to test last night, but I will tonight.
The page that appears in both browsers is
Server not found, so I assumed it might be DNS-related. I've tried doing several
ipconfig commands on the computer in question, such as
/renew, but neither of them had the desired result of fixing the internet.