Below are the step wise events that occurred to me:
- My system goes into hang state.
- A pop up appears which says "something went wrong, collecting information".
- After 20 seconds it shuts down.
- Then it never restarted again.
- On trying to reinstall new Windows; my whole hard disk is shown as free 450 GB. Originally I had 3 partitions: C:, D: and E:.
- I have tried using Ubuntu rescue remix but it never started.
- I was not able to install and use testdisk.
- Is there any slightest possibility to recover my data?
- If you have any knowledge on recovering data?
A) I connected my HDD to different system using USB to SATA cable
Its not making any tik tik sound which it makes in case of damage.
Its not able to detect HDD even though i can sense HDD it rotating when i touch it
B) I finally decided to format it & reinstall OS
I tried install ubuntu but it didn't succeed for 1 hour
so i decided to install windows, but windows was not able to neither format it not install windows
Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. Error code: 0x80070057
so i used following steps to format it
select disk 0
but it couldn't execute format