My friend spilled powdered detergent (Oxiclean) on her laptop. I took it apart as best I could, but without a service manual I am unsure how to completely disassemble it. Laptop is Asus K55A.

I think I got most of the detergent out of the case, but there might be a few granules left inside. Is that something I need to worry about? We haven't powered it on yet.



I would take some compressed air and blow it out, make sure it's not jamming up one of the fans and what not. As long as there was never liquid inside, you should be alright!

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.