I know this was asked many times, however I have not found an exact answer or method suitable for Asus. (closest question, but no clear answer: Clean install Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 from OEM key)
I just got a new Asus N550JK and it came with big HDD and Windows 8.1 OEM. I have an 100gb SSD from previous laptop and I want to use Windows that came with Asus laptop. How to correctly clean install on SSD the OEM windows?
- I get the serial number with some software like belarc.
- Get windows 8.1 installer with serial (i would use cd-key and official download)
- Do clean install and loose some OEM software (not even sure)
Should this work, or OEM windows does not go that easy?
What would be other options (recommended)?
- Create OEM recovery media or iso (considering that ASUS does not have an official software)
- Clone directly to SSD with software
Well I dont know any other options. Asus came with a lot of preinstalled software, but I am sure I can get some of them on my laptop model driver page, but i really dont care about them. I just want a clean and fast os on my SSD.
(also i will be using optical bay caddy to use both SSD & HDD). Help, tips, tutorials are very appreciated. Just want to make this right! Thanks community