- asus s400c
- windows 8
- 500gb hitachi hdd
- 24gb ssd
- if you make any changes to bios, when you save and exit it just boots right back in
- started without any playing around, just booted into this one day.
- can still see both hds in the sata configuration panel
- no records in the boot options (I think I accidently deleted it, but don't know how to get it back)
- wont boot from flash drive, even though it shows up in boot options
- unplugging battery
- unplugging hd
- holding down power button with battery out
- taking out cmos
- putting hdd into my desktop, scanned for errors, seems fine
- inserting another hd into
- restoring defaults on bios options
- bootable flash drive (easy bcd)
- unplugging keyboard
I can not find the RAM or SSD, otherwise I would have tested them too.
Now I was playing around in the BIOS, and I removed the boot option that was there, Windows Boot Option. I have the option to "Add New Boot Option" but it asks for the path, I'm not sure what to put there.