When I type the word TRUE in an excel cell, it centers it and when I try to alphabetize a column which includes TRUE it puts it at the bottom. How can I make excel treat the word true just as a word?
What you are seeing is the result of Excel seeing the word
TRUE as a logical value, not simply text. Then Excel is following it's sort order as below, which results in
TRUE going to the bottom.
- Numbers - Excel sorts numbers from the smallest negative number to the largest positive number.
- Alphanumeric - Excel sorts alphanumeric text left to right, character by character.
- Logical Values - Excel places FALSE before TRUE.
- Error Values - Excel treats all error values as equals.
- Blanks - Excel always places blanks last.
To resolve this, place a single apostrophe before the word,
'TRUE, and it will not be recognized as a logical value.