I have a Synology NAS that creates a self signed certificate for SSL access.
I'm using the latest Chrome on Windows 7.
Upon visiting the NAS's landing page, Chrome presents a red warning to say that "Server's certificate is not trusted". This is what I did to try to resolve it to no avail:
- Click on the lock
- Click on Certificate Information
- Click Details tab
- Click Copy to file... which saves the certificate locally. (I tried this with all the export option presented here - X.509, #PK7)
- Double clicked on the file then click Install Certificate
- Ensured that it is installed in the "Trusted Root Certification Authority" section
- Type "certmgr.msc" in Start menu to confirm that the certificate has been installed correctly
- Restarted Chrome
- Visit NAS landing page... Low and behold, same bloody thing.
- Go to Chrome settings > Advanced settings > Manage Certificates, to find that the certificate is not listed or recognised by chrome, even though it is stored correctly by windows.
- Tried importing to chrome using the import button in the Chrome settings. Still no luck.
Can anyone confirm that this is normal behaviour? If not, please advise how this can be solved?