So I was browsing the Internet and everything was nice and dandy suddenly my favorite site wikipedia gave me this:
Forbidden You don't have permission to access this page.
I have been trying desperately to get it work for a while now, but I just cannot! Things I have tried:
- Firstly I deleted all my cache, cookies, offline data etc from Firefox (which is the browser I always use) but it didn't help.
- Then I tried with a bunch of browsers including Chrome, IE and Safari but it didn't work.
- Then I downloaded Opera and tried but it didnt work.
- Then I used
ipconfig/renewto reset my IP but it didnt work.
- Then I called my ISP and asked them to reset my modem from their end, which they did. Then I restarted everything from my modem, router, laptop, browser but it didnt work.
I don't know what else to do!
A few more observations:
- This only happens when I am connecting to Internet using this particular ISP.
- If I use another service provider, I can access wikipedia without problems
- If I use Tor to access wikipedia when connected using the problematic ISP, I can access without problems
- The site I have trouble with is en.wikipedia.org - www.wikipedia.org and all other language sites work.
A totally silly, unrelated and kind of creepy trivia:
This started at the exact instant when I went to wikipedia to read about this ghost story that I had been following for the past two days, I was able to access wikipedia just fine a few mins prior to that...Lol I know its silly :p
Anyways, I am at a loss as to what is causing this - do you think I should try exorcism as a last resort :-( I am at a loss to what else to try now, is there any firewall rules I can check? I am using firefox on windows 8.1