I got mine working in the same situation.
With the audio on my particular files, "disabled" = 0, first track = 1, second track = 2, so with Japanese as my second language option, for example, in the advanced Inputs/Codecs options I put:
Audio track ID: 2
As an alternative, I could just type in the name of preferred language, which works fine for audio.
These are different for some reason; I guess it's as the user above said, and subtitle track IDs begin after the audio track IDs end. My particular subtitle options were "disabled", "(signs/songs) English" and "English subtitles". For English subs, this is what worked for me:
Subtitle track ID: 4
So just keep going up by one until you hit the right one. You can test your progress by checking which sub track you've landed on each time you raise the number using the manual selection feature:
Right click video -> Subtitle -> Sub track -> (check which subtitle option is selected)
That will show you where your automatic selection is landing you in the subtitle list, so you can find the ID you're looking for by trial and error. If your subs are still showing as "Disabled" keep going (unless you've shot too far). If you've reached "(signs/songs) English" then you're on the right track and probably only need to raise by 1 more track ID.
For the record, I left both Audio track and Subtitle track unchanged, with values of -1.