I was having OSX Mavericks 10.9 in Vmware. It was working fine with VMware Tools installed and SVGA Drivers also. When Yosemite released, I updated it from App Store. I cam across many problems on this update.
- Graphics are very bad
- It is too much slow
What i tried:
- I updated latest VMware tools from VMware site
- Tried to install SVGA drivers again (could not find update for OSX Yosemite SVGA drivers here. These drivers were working well with Mavericks and made it blazing fast in vmware in my previous experience)
- Rpaired file and folder permissions both using Mac OS X's internal utility and using CCleaner application also.
- Cleaned all junk files (e.g. temp files) using CCleaner
Tried to increase Virtual Graphics Memory size using configuration file of Virtual Machine and adding this line to it
svga.vramSize = "sizeInBytes"
Came across a link on internet link here. It suggested to run application called BeamOff (download link available on same site) and add it to startup to disable Beam Sync feature of Mac to improve graphics
By using option 6 mentioned above, when i launched BeamOff application, it suddenly made graphics smoother. So i added it to login item so that it may start with login of Mac. But to my disappointment, this improvement in performance (graphics + speed etc) was not too much great as i was having when using OS X Mavericks.
My Virtual machine is having:
- RAM: 3GB
- HDD Space: 150 GB
What is problem/ What is want:
1.Speedup OS X Yosemite performance (graphics + speed) as i was having before in Mavericks
2. I am having resolution of 1366*768 but When i am at login screen of Mavericks, i am not having this resolution (some black margins from left and right, looks like 1024*768). It changes to 1366*768 resolution after login process is complete and desktop is loaded. Please note it was working fine when i was having Mavericks (have 1366*768 resolution at login screen and desktop both).