I've messed up trying to install wireshark on OSX. Here's what I did.
- I downloaded and installed wireshark from their website. It didn't work due to missing X11.
- I started to troubleshoot this, but found there was a homebrew recipe (surprise!)
- I uninstalled wireshark according to their detailed delete-this-delete-that instructions included in the dmg.
- I installed the homebrew recipe. When I ran homebrew it complained of WIRESHARK_APP_DIR not being set. A quick google showed that this was a conflict between versions of /usr/local/bin/wireshark
- I (stupidly?) did a
rm /usr/local/bin/wiresharkand attempted a re-install with brew.
- I brew reinstalled, relinked, forced, updated and all manner of commands trying to get a
wiresharkcommand back, but without any luck.
With every wireshark installation completely uninstalled, I am still unable to get a successful install of wireshark via brew, due to this missing binary. What should I try next?