Is it possible to change the tooltip that shows above the clock from the "Long date" format to show the "Short date" format?
The only solution I can think of is tho change the Long Date Format system-wide (!) in the Control Panel:
- Open the Control Panel (Classic View)
- Click on the Regional and Language Options icon.
- Click on the Customize this format button.
- Click on the Date tab.
- Click on the drop down arrow to the right of the Long date: and click on the date format you want.
- Click on the Apply button.
Unless you particularly want to use the Vista built-in tray clock, you could try some of the free tray clock replacements that are around and see if any of them suit you better.