I want to try to install ArchLinux on my macbook pro 5.3 with EFI support, i don't want any other OS but Archlinux. but i am unable to convince Apple firmware to load my custom efi image. What i have done till now.
- I have 2 partitions on GPT 240gb ssd disk
- /dev/sda1 - 512mb - HFS+ mounted as /boot/efi
- /dev/sda2 - 230gb - EXT4 mounted as /
- Pacstrapped on sda2 including /boot with Grub. completed my settings locale etc. on /
- Followed all instructions in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB#GRUB_standalone configured grub & applied mkinitcpio
- Created EFI with grub-mkstandalone here is full cmdline
grub-mkstandalone -d /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/ -O x86_64-efi --modules="part_gpt part_apple part_msdos part_bsd" --fonts="unicode" --locales="en@quot" --themes="" -o "/boot/efi/bootx64.efi" "boot/grub/grub.cfg=/tmp/grub.cfg" -v
Created /boot/efi/System/Library/CoreServices folder and placed bootx64.efi file in it with SystemVersion.plist (i know i don't need plist file but anyway did it.)
Then i have compiled mactel-boot in my chrooted env to use hfs-bless
No luck. Macbook did not even recognise the EFI to show a bootable source. What do you suggest?