It used to be that Spotlight would figure out math operations for me (for example, if I typed
5 + 3, the first Spotlight result, before any located files or other search results, would be the answer). For the last few weeks, it hasn't anymore - if I type a math operation, it just finds a bunch of documents.
I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.7. UPDATE: So far I've tried, based on the suggestions below:
- Deleting the Spotlight preferences.
defaults write com.apple.spotlight CalculationEnabled -bool YES
- Opening up the Calculator app and confirming that it's still in its default location.
- Forcing Spotlight to reindex my hard drives.
- Re-installing the 10.5.7 combo update.
- Rebooting after each of the above.
Unfortunately, nothing has worked - Spotlight still doesn't solve the operations.