A WORKING SOLUTION FROM TRUENOTEBOOK.COM FOR LENOVO COMPUTERS AND MAYBE SOME OTHERS USING WINDOWS 8 & 8.1
** If you cannot find EnergyManager in registry, try searching for ENABLE OSD as two separate words or ENABLEOSD as one word or SHOW OSD or SHOWOSD.
To search for a setting in Registry, press Ctrl + F3. This worked for my LENOVO Y70-70 17" FHD gaming laptop. Yes, I am happy to play games using 17" IPS screen or sometimes connect to 27" Acer FHD monitor for a big-screen experience.
0. Restart your computer, and after you get to the Desktop, keep tapping the Caps Lock button. See if you get a pop-up allowing you to turn the notification off. If you don't get the pop-up, follow further steps.
1. Press the Windows Menu Key + R button (OR CLICK ON WINDOWS BUTTON AND SELECT AN APP NAMED "RUN")
2. Type "regedit" and press Enter
3. Click Yes to continue
4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Lenovo / Energy Manager.
5. Double-click on NotShowMsgAgain.
6. Change the value from "01 00 00 00" to "00 00 00 00".
7. Click Ok, close the Registry app and click onto Desktop.
8. Try to click Caps Lock once or a few times and see if notification is still there. Caps Lock repeatedly after you get to the desktop and the pop-up with a question should appear asking you about notifications. Choose "No Thanks".
9. Try to restart and see if notification is appearing or not. Hopefully, you will not have to deal with this annoying problem again!
*THIS SOLUTION WAS POSTED BY MICHAEL.*
I have the same issue with my Flex 3. But i can't find the NotShowMsgAgain under energy manager. Is it called differently? *THIS SOLUTION WAS POSTED BY ANONYMOUS USER.*
If you follow what Michael instructed, and get to #5 and can't find that line, look for "enable OSD" and change that one to zeros.
This worked for my LENOVO Y70-70 with Windows 8.1 after looking all throughout the net for maybe 2 hours and trying anything I can and every place with settings throughout control panel and registry searching for hotkeys, caps lock, num lock yet no results were found. Could have been easier, but oh well. Now it is solved. So, after changing regedit entries, especially the one asking to change setting for "EnableOSD" from 01 00 00 00 into 00 00 00 00, but also change NotShowMsgAgain to same values because these solved the problem. Thank you to them.
I hope that this will help you also, because it worked for me, but if you cannot find EnergyManager in registry, try searching for ENABLEOSD as 1 word or ENABLE OSD as two words or SHOW OSD or SHOWOSD. To search for a setting, press Ctrl + F3.
I wish you success with this.