I have a (as in factory specs) 3.6 GHz AMD FM2 A8-Series A8 5600K CPU and There is at lease 0.2 GHz difference between hardware reports in Windows and Linux.
I was tested on:
- Win7 ultimate x64 & x86 ( both tests for 3.4 GHz )
- Win8.1 Pro x64 & x86 ( both tests for 3.5 GHz )
- Ubuntu 14.10 & 14.10.1 x86 & x64 (tests were right its 3.6 GHz )
- Linux Mint 17
- x86 & x64 Mate tested for 3.55 GHz
- x86 & x64 Cinnamon were right for 3.6 GHz
I know the the CPU and my ASROCK motherboard available to OC (OverClock) but its not enabled so I think it does not effect on HW tests.
Anyone has an idea if its a sign for broken Hardware or just some OS stuff?