I am trying to assist a friend of mine in getting minecraft running on his computer so he can play on my server. I got everything installed and running but there is a serious issue. When he loads up the game his framerate takes a huge dive. Originally he was down to 4 - 5 FPS. After working some clever magic with tools like OptiFine and Fastcraft I was able to bump his FPS up to around 30 - 35 FPS which is a huge boost for him. But considering that he has an actual discreet grahpics card that is far from okay.
What I have do so far;
- Updated Graphics card drivers to latest version, they were pretty far behind.
- Updated his copy of Java to latest version.
- Tweaked various setting in the game such as render distance and type of render math (fast or slow).
Basically I am all out of ideas, of the 5 people that play on the server he is the only one having issues.
Here is the specs of the machine that I know.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 460 w/ 1GB of GDDR5
Also something else that should be noted, it does not appear to be the GPU because he plays other games like Theif (the 2014 one) with no issue at all. That game I would think is WAY more intense to the GPU than Minecraft.