I have some problems with my PSU. Sometimes when I start on the computer I can hear weird motor-like sounds coming from the PSU but it is probably the fan hitting a component or something, but it is not that big of a deal because I'm going to get a Corsair 850 W Gold-Certified Modular PSU (It should be more than enough for my Graphics Card).
The main problem that I have here is that whenever I start my PC and everything loads up when I try to play a game or sometimes watch a video the application which I'm using freezes but the desktop seems to be intact if I not click on it, because the desktop freezes too, and the same goes for every process/application. In turn every application freezes, even windows explorer. I then have to wait about 10-15 minutes for it to recover, but I usually end up restarting the whole system using the power button.
To avoid this problem, when the computer starts up and I log on, I have to go into a game or application which uses my Graphics Card, otherwise I will end up in a freeze-chain again. Also when I click minimize, maximize, or close on an application,(upper-right corner) or when I click on an application to show up on the taskbar, the mouse suddenly freezes for about 0.3-0.4 seconds, but then it works fine. This works every time I click.
- Dell Optiplex 990 Minitower PC with
- Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz Quad Core (2nd Generation) with about 100W Power Drain, Gigabyte Windforce AMD Radeon R9 270X 256-bit 2048MB Overclocked Graphics Card (Minimum 500W PSU),
- 8GB 1400 Mhz DDR3 RAM (2*2GB, 1*4GB),
- Seagate 7200RPM 500GB Internal Hard Drive
- Edit: I forgot to add that I changed the PSU a while ago(5 months ago) from the factory 250-265W(I'm not so sure, it was a long time ago), to an ATX 500W PSU but it seems that it is not enough for this Graphics Card.