I would like to migrate an existing OSX 10.9.5 machine to a 10.9.5 Guest VM running on a 10.10.1 host.
My situation is: I own a 10.9.5 MBP that I use everyday. I have development tools on the machine that I am not sure work on Yosemite. I bought a new MBP that runs 10.10.1.
I would like to migrate the old machine en-masse to as a guest machine, then I can migrate piecemeal off of the VM onto the native machine.
I have tried several things, but these instructions seemed most promising:
- Build a simple guest machine using "Install OS X Mavericks.app".
- Boot that VM using safe mode.
- Connect my USB based Carbon Copy Cloner Bootable image.
- Start OSX migration assistant (not VMWare migration assistant).
- Chose to migrate from CCC.
I have not been successful.
The immediate problem is that the USB drive is not visible to the VM so I am stuck at Step 3. usb mount problem
Apple support politely denied help as soon as I said VMWare.