I have a Yosemite (10.10.2) host with a Mavericks (10.9.5) guest in VMWare 7.
I have a seagate 3TB drive mounted on Yosemite.
I connect the seagate to the guest using the icon on the toolbar. The icon for the drive disappears off of the Yosemite desktop, but never appears on the Mavericks desktop.
In addition, it can not be seen in these places (on the guest) either:
- in the sidebar of finder.
- In /Volumes
- In Disk Utility.
Here is what I tried:
1) I tried rebooting the guest several times.
2) I tried repair disk on the usb drive.
3) I tried disconnecting and connecting several times.
4) I tried unmounting it from the guest and host, then disconnecting and reconnecting while the guest was connected.
5) I tried looking in console for any errors related to the disk.
In summary: It will appear as connected in the icon on the toolbar of vmware, but will not appear in the guest.
The contents of the disk is a Carbon Copy Cloner bootable image.