This issue has become specific as fixing one problem led to the other:
1) I deleted ntuser.* files while working in linux as they had ugly looking file extensions and I thought they are temporary files.
2) I started getting the message "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied". This was the only user profile on my windows part.
I started looking on the Internet for solutions. I stumbled upon a solution to remove the sid field from the Registry ENtry "HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"
3) After this, when I login to the profile it shows "logging off" screen instantaneously.
My Present situation:
1) I can logon to this profile in Safe Mode.
2) I can make a new user profile and login to that profile in normal mode(Non safe mode).
However, I get old and trivial user settings and my stored passwords are gone.
I desperately want to revive my earlier User Profile. Please give some suggestion based on my situation.