I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 that I want to backup to a synology NAS (412+) network share.
I've created a shared folder on the NAS.
In windows backup when I select "Backup Schedule..." and go through the wizard I select:
- Back up to a shared network folder
- I add "\nas\backup\etc..." under the Location: field (I can browse to that directory via windows exporer and create files in it).
- Then I press "Next" and I get Windows Security showing me a dialog to provide my credentials.
- I click "Finish" and then I get: "Creating backup schedule..."
- a few moments later: "The user name being used for accessing the remote share folder is not recognized by the local computer".
which fails the backup.
My nas is added to the domain (so I enter a domain user credentials, that has access to the folder)
I've also tried different ways to sign in (user, local server user, nas user, domain\user, user@domain, firstname.lastname@example.org, domain.local\user, ...) everytime with the same message.
I've mapped a network drive but in Windows Backup I cannot select that mapped network drive (e.g. Z:\ ) to backup.
At synology support, I don't know if they don't care but their suggestions don't work (and sometimes they think I want to backup my nas, instead of creating a backup of a server to a nas.).
Anyone who has more info to solve this? (I've also disabled SMB 2 and Large MTU)