I have a Windows 7 laptop and I am trying to set it up to broadcast Wi-Fi so that my mobile can connect to it when in the office (no mobile signal).
I've found plenty of tutorials, and while all of the steps seem to work the connection itself is not allowing my mobile to connect to the internet.
Here are the steps that I have carried out (via cmd which was opened using the Run as administrator option) -
netsh wlan show drivers-
- Hosted network supported was set to Yes.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MySSID key=MyKey-
- The hosted network mode has been set to allow.
- The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
- The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork-
- The hosted network started.
- Set my LAN connection up for sharing -
- Open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.
- Right click my wired connection and select Properties, then the Sharing tab.
- Select the option Allow other network users to connect through this computers's Internet connection, then choose my new SSID as created in step 2 (Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection is not checked).
Once these steps were completed I confirmed that my wired connection had shared listed under it, and the hosted network that I had created had the same domain as the wired network listed under it.
I can connect to MySSID from my mobile and I've successuflly been assigned an IP address, however, there is no internet connection.
I have found several posts suggesting that I disable every item except IPv4 from the hosted network, but unfortunately I still can't connect to the internet via my mobile.
The wired network does use a proxy, and I have tested the connection from my mobile with the proxy settings both ignored and included.
Is there somehting that I'm missing in this process, or any troubleshooting that anyone can suggest? Thanks.