I formatted my seagate external hard disk with NTFS using Ubuntu Disk Utility. After that it is bricked, and now I cannot see it as a hard disk in mac /ubuntu /windows, the device can be detected by computer.
- Brand: seagate expansion portable drive
- Model: SRD00F1
- Serial: NA42Q8HM - Size: 1TB
- when I set internal hard drive as first boot, the usb external drive, when plugged in, will make the computer failed to boot from internal hard drive.
- diskpart and disk management can only work when they are open first and then plug in the usb hard drive, otherwise they will stuck. (see pics below)
- sometimes when I plug in, the disk change to readonly and I follow this post, I didn't work for me.
I tried many times and also failed many times. What should I do? Is there anyway to reset hard drive?
Related Images (sorry I don't have rights to post images)
- [BIOS recognize usb hard disk]
- [Disk management can see hard disk but stuck]
- [Disk change to readonly]
- [Diskpart can see the disk]
- [Device Manager detect usb hard disk]
- [diskpart list volume not work]
- [change readonly fail]