Alright, So I kind of 'derped' and made myself Standered accidentally, and now my whole computer's screwed up. Every time I try to access something? I have the 'Yes' and 'No' options, but 'Yes' is always unclickable, And because there's no admin. Is there any way to recover a admin account with standared account? Or just change myself back to admin?
How do I restore lost Administrator rights?
If there are no Administrator accounts on the system, you can boot to Safe Mode to access the Built-in Administrator account.
- Press WinKey+I to display Settings.
- Click the "Power Options" icon.
- Hold down Shift and click the "Restart" option.
- On the first screen, select "Troubleshoot".
- On the next screen, select "Advanced Options".
- On the next screen, select "Startup Settings". Click the "Restart" Button.
- On the next screen, press 4.
The computer will start in Safe Mode.
- Click the "Arrow" Icon.
- Select the "Administrator" account.
After Safe Mode starts, open "Control Panel" > "User Accounts".
- Select "Manage another account" and select the account you wish to change to an Administrator account.
- Select "Change Account Type".
- Select the "Administrator" option and click the "Change account type" button.
Exit Control Panel and Restart the computer.
Log on with the account you changed to an Administrator account.