I have a strange issue with my network card in my pc.
My internal network adapter keeps getting an ip that does not come from the ADSL router's DHCP that I have connected to.
- I have changed cable,
- I have tried using a new router,
- I have checked the automatic dhcp feature without any firewall and other strange setting on.
- I have disabled and re-enabled the adapter.
- I even inserted a new network adapter but even the new one is getting that same ip: 169.254.x.x.
- I have disabled the ipv6 protocol and even put static ip in the range of my routers availability but even then I cannot open the router interface at 192.168.1.254.
- I have un-installed all anti-virus agents and firewall services but keeps up the same!
My environment is Windows 7 Professional.
Let me mention that in the same problematic infrastructure of router/cable if i install a usb wifi dongle...works just fine! and the ip is correctly assigned with full adsl usage and web router access!
Does anyone have any idea what else to try?