Today i have installed google drive but i couldn't get to sign in because i had a blank sign in page. I have discovered looking on the internet that it uses IE core to show web pages (as described here: Can't sign in to google drive (UI is blank) )
So i have opened Internet Explorer (which i never use) to check if something was wrong and i have discovered that it won't load content from google and other sites.
I can go on some websites just fine, at first i thought i couldn't go on websites which had content from google (such as google analytics code) but then i realized that wasn't true.
i can go on bing, but not google (tried maps, gmail and drive) nor yahoo (tried yahoo answers too). There is a case where i can go on a site but not on a subdomain of that site (which made me first think that i couldn't reach sites with google analytics).
The page remains stuck on "Waiting for google.com" indefinitely, it won't even give me a connection timed out error or something, just keeps loading.
Chrome and Firefox work fine, IE 8 on another PC works fine, and so does IE 11 on another PC So far I have
- firewall (Comodo, Windows firewall is down)
- restricted sites
- hosts file
- i'm not running under a proxy
- i have Google DNS as DNS
- i have no add-ons installed on IE
- Windows update
- enanched protected mode (which wasn't enabled)
- clearing cache
- Clearing cache and then rebooting
- I have even tried the "troubleshooting" functionality in the Control Panel but it couldn't find any problem
- reseting IE 11 then rebooting