How do I create a bootable USB with Windows 7 SP1 64bit using OS X?
I need to setup a fresh new ASUS laptop, the only thing I have is – Macbook Pro.
What I have:
- Fresh new ASUS laptop with FreeDOS,
- An ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 64bit,
- An 8Gb USB flash drive,
- A MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5.
What I know so far:
- Creating a bootable USB drive using BootCamp is not working for me. After inserting the stick to ASUS laptop, it simply won't start the Windows setup process.
- There's a "UEFI" next to USB bootable option in ASUS's BIOS. This suggests I need to somehow create a UEFI-compatible bootable USB. In turn, "UEFI-compatibility" means checking 3 things which I have double-checked.
I am familiar with Terminal (being a web developer myself), so any command line tricks would be more than appreciated.
P.S. Googling isn't helping much, which is strange. This suggests I'm not googling the right keywords...